Wednesday, July 23, 2008

No man is an island unto himself

You'd be forgiven for asking: "Where the @#$% have you been?" All I can say is that when you get sick once a decade it's usually not pretty. It hasn't been all bad though. I've been reconnecting with my spiritual side and all I can say is "God rocks!" Yup, you guessed it... I'm a reborn Christian. I'll be kicking it with Jesus Christ someday. So, without turning this post into a sermon, all I can say is even when it's bad it good.

I'm turning 35 on Monday. Happy birthday to me! I remember a time when anyone over twenty-ten qualified as an official fossil. I guess that puts me somewhere between the Jurassic- and Cretacious- periods. A good bottle of Kanonkop red and a steak sounds about right for a dinosaur in his prime.

Otherwise there's not much to report. I'm definitely making a "birthday resolution" this year... I'm going to start dating again. 18 months of mourning someone is getting toward being just plain sad, even if she was the love of your life.

No comments: