Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dying to get out

Have you ever had one of those days, so filled with effusive nostalgia, that you just can't keep it to yourself? Have you ever had a rush of emotion where you feel like you've experienced the melancholy of the ages and the euphoria of the future perpetua all at once? Today has been one of those days!

To feel with a passion where all you want to do is tear out little pieces of your heart and send them out into the world in unnamed envelopes, having faith that you will impart something akin to a beatific experience to those who seek hope most. This has been my day, whether for better or for worse... and no, there was no chemical catalyst.

The heat today is breathtaking, the intensity of my excitement is overwhelming. I feel like I want to float, I feel like I want to cry out with every ounce of my being. While I don't even possess the strength to convey these words, I'm humbled by the power I feel while writing them. If you have been touched or blessed by these sentiments... to God goes the glory and like me you should thank him. I don't know where it all came from.

Now it's time to go swim... I'm melting.

No comments: