Sunday, January 24, 2010

What next...?

This has definitely been a week of firsts. Some totally satisfying, others just plain confusing. My long and infuriating wait for a landline finally came to an end on Wednesday, no thanks to Telkom, who lost my original order for a month. Anyhow, it felt really gratifying to finally start my working year. Socially, it was a great week too. I had visits from some good friends, which is definitely welcome if, like me, you're stuck in bed... ugh! I was able to help out a few friends in turn, offering some advice and emotional support... heck, I even found myself tutoring mathematics. So you might ask, where's the confusion?

Although my pursuit of 'truth' led me to become a Christian, I feel sometimes like I just don't understand Christians. I'm a very different person to who I used to be but it just seems like I still relate to non-Christians better. This confuses me... and I'm not easily confused. I can only be the person I am, but that may mean that my expectations in life may have to be re-evaluated. It's like the bard said: "...and unto this, above all else, to thine own self be true." All I can do, I feel, is to go forward in faith.

On a positive note, it seems I'm off on another roadtrip this Easter --- holey bottom dictating. Definitely something to look forward to. Until then, it seems, I'm burying myself in work.

No comments: