Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Beginnings

Someone I once cared a lot for said to me: "You've got something to say." While I'm not sure where such a journey will take me, I've decided to start keeping this journal. If it means something to those who read it, great. As for me, I venture into the unknown...

It's a warm autumn day in Cape Town and I'm wondering: "What will life give me next?" A friend just left. We watched the third Resident Evil movie together. A great creature feature, if that's your thing. I like movies, especially ones that come with microwave popcorn. The stock market is recovering after yesterday's terminal velocity nose dive so it gave me some time off. Yay! It looks like tonight's going to be a quiet night in. I could use a few of those. After the weekend's trip up to the West Coast Nature Reserve I'm a little pooped. Was nice though. I'd recommend it to anyone. The "Geelbek" Restaurant... hmmm... now that was yummy.

Tomorrow... who knows? My life over the last year has changed so radically. New home, new vehicle, new career, rediscovery of family, independence... perspective. It hasn't all come easily but it's all been positive. It's nice to get to know the person you are. I thought that person had gone for good.

No comments: